Sunday, December 1, 2013

Catch up + December Challenge


I'm not even sure where I left off from the last blog post, but I know the time, it is a flying!
I'll give you a brief little update...
1. I have officially lived through the first three months of my fellowship. I have rotated through Stem Cell Transplant, Cardiology, Psych,  and Infectious Disease. They have all been really great experiences and unique in their own ways.
2. I am training for a half marathon with the other two fellows that we are running this coming weekend. It's my first half-marathon, and it's girls only! :)
3. We had a good friend come and visit this past month, Mr. Gabriel Domet. We had a lot of fun, and went to the Houston Aquarium and also to a bar where they were playing the Nebraska game.  We got to cheer them on to a WIN, with the other Nebraskan locals.
4. I went to the Oncology Nursing Society conference in Dallas through work.
5. We got to spend Thanksgiving in the Mountains with my family. 

Here are some pictures from the past few months..

I never knew about this stuff until my pregnant friend was drinking it one day. So delicious.

Houston isn't quite as pretty as Colorado..

Me and Poppa. 

Me and Hubby.

Dad participated in No Shave November. But it's December now...and it's still there?

Twins. 

I love the sun shining through.

He needed a haircut..

Jacket twins. 

I thought this picture was cool. They were making snow and then the sun was shining through it.

We got our Epic Picture taken. Dad asked the photographer for a "fun" pose. 

Homemade Snicker doodle cookies for an impromptu invitation to "Family Dinner" in Houston.
 
At the Aquarium.

Daddy and Puppy snuggles.

Starbucks has cute little Houston Mugs of the skyline. 

Coconut Cream Pie at the Dallas Conference. Amazing.

Now, for the CHALLENGE!!

I was reading the other day on Runner's World, and there was a challenge to do at least one mile everyday during the month of December since, you know, you'll probably be partaking in some holiday treats!  So, today is December 1st, and we were up at 3:00 AM to catch our flight back to Houston, but I did manage to get my one mile and a little more in this evening.

Cheers to all of my family and friends. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment